Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Summer 2013


Summer time is here again! And I feel so blessed that we finally had the time to have our vacation since we've been always busy for the past few years. So now, I'm going to share to you today what we did and the places we've been this past holidays.

The family of my brother's girlfriend invited us to come with them to their province, Bicol. We went to Camarines Norte last March 28 to 30. We actually had a very long drive that it took us about 13 hours of travel. Forgive me for I'm a first timer 'cause I'm not a fan of going on far far far away places that I always choose the malls over nature trips. Well, this trip had taught me a lot, as in a lot of things, that I'm gonna share with you later. But for now, I'll show you first the breath taking sceneries we've seen.

Day 1 
( Cayucyucan Beach & Apuao Island)








As soon as we arrived in Bicol, we just ate our lunch then went straight ahead to Cayucyucan Beach, another more than 1 hour of travel going there. And because we are like zombies without any sleep and rest, we first rested for a while then later went on island hopping. We went to Apuao Island, that is about 30 mins on a boat ride from Cayucyucan. I promise I died upon seeing the island, it's so beautiful. The place is very serene. It's a perfect place to reflect and relax. The island is just small so you can go around it. At the back part of the island, the water is so warm and the Pacific Ocean is just over looking. The island even grew pine trees, makes me feel that I'm in a cold place wherein I'm actually at the beach. There are very few people in there so you can really enjoy the place. Meanwhile, the water in Cayucyucan beach is too peaceful and calm. It has very light gray sand and it's my also my first time to see sea cucumbers there. 

Day 2
(Bagasbas Beach)






At noon of our second day, we went to the house of one the relatives of the family who invited us. We just rested then went to our next destination that day. They first gave us a tour around the city of Daet then went to Bagasbas Beach. This beach is a famous and a tourist spot in their place since it has big waves and surfing enthusiasts love. We just enjoyed strolling around and didn't go for a swim since it has warning there, well you can it through the photo above. After that, we went to another relative of them that invited us for a dinner at their place. 


Day 3
(Mananap River)






After being at different beaches, they then toured us at a river. Again, it's my first time to see a river in person and I was greatly amazed. The water is very clean and cold. This place had been a very refreshing since the day is too hot. How I wish that people can preserve rivers like this with very very clean and clear water.

Of course, during travels like this there are a lot of things that we try so we can appreciate more the culture of a certain place. And what's best to try are their foods. We've been in a seafood diet the whole time and I promise, it's very guilt-free to eat! Fish and seafood were so fresh and one that got my taste was the flying fish. Yes you read that right! I didn't know that they are edible, and they taste really good and not even malansa. Another are the kakanin, I love their modified version of maja blanca with Pili inside. and my favorite, their balinghoy, it's a suman with niyog(coconut) inside. They also have their native version of mochi that they call as angko, also made with malagkit rice but with peanut inside. It tastes awesome too with its very cheap price. I guess, you'd never be hungry in that place for their foods are so much affordable, nutritious and delicious.

Well, that has been great adventure for us and for me personally. And like what I said earlier, this trip taught me a lot of things. Here are top 3 lessons I've learned:

1. I'm a type of person who always go for comfort and was never a type who's adventurous. This trip taught me that life isn't always about comfort, sometimes you need to endure some challenges that may come your way, especially those brought about by the nature in order to enjoy life. And putting some adventure in life will not harm you, in fact you will gain more knowledge and experience through them.

2. Giving yourself a break. Since I belong to a big family, my parents usually choose work over vacation (I cant blame their job though, it's quite  time demanding). You have whole year to work and earn for all your needs. But giving yourself at least days of vacation would surely be of great help in reviving yourself and freeing yourself from all the stress you can get in the city. 

3. Lastly, like what one of our travel buddies told us, "While you have clear sight, see places. While you can walk, go to places and appreciate them, you'll never know until when you'll be able to do things you want to do. Enjoy life once in a while." God created our world beautifully and like in the book of Genesis "God saw it was good." Trully, God's works are so good and worthy to be seen and appreciated.



And last but not the least, biggest thanks to Cas Family for the awesome experience they shared to us. We even got the chance to meet other people and have travel buddies. We are so grateful that you welcomed us to your place warmly and I really appreciate their hospitality, very pinoy! :)


Having this kind of experience, my dream when I was a kid to travel has been revived. And now I'm thinking of going to explore places if God allows me to. Hope you enjoyed my tour to you through photos and learned something too. How about you, how did you spend your summer? 

Thank you and God bless!
-Yna <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment